Elves Special Needs Society
Elves’ Board of Directors
Elves’ organizational direction comes from both our Board of Directors and a number of committees associated with specific areas of Elves’ operations.
Elves acknowledges that our Board of Directors is a policy-governed Board and that all Board members shall agree to the expectation of confidentiality upon joining the Board. Respect for confidentiality is the cornerstone of trust and confidence, as well as a legislated obligation.
Elves’ Board of Directors shall consist of 12 elected members with regard to the mix of President and/or Directors.
Composition of Board of Directors: The total number of Board members who are parents/caregivers of clients in any Elves’ program shall be at least six:
- Three from Adult Program
- Two from School Program
- One from Early Education Program
- The remaining six Board members will be community members
- If there is an insufficient number of parent/caregiver candidates in Elves’ three programs, parent/caregiver nominations shall be canvassed from any of Elves’ three programs. If there is still an insufficient number of parent/caregiver nominations, community members may be considered.
Elves’ 2022/2023 Board of Directors was elected at Elves’ Annual General Meeting on November 23, 2022.
|Position on Board
|Kristin Ward Diaz
|Barb Tymchak Olafson
- Immediate Past-President as an ex-officio member
- Advocacy Committee
- Bylaw/Policy Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Location/Planning Committee
Parent Advisory Council
Elves’ Parent Advisory Council (PAC) provides ongoing advice to and consultation with Elves’ Board of Directors and Executive Director in any matter respecting Elves’ Programs.
At least one elected Parent Advisory Council member shall be an elected Board member and shall be a parent/caregiver from Elves’ School Program. Parent Advisory Council shall meet with Elves’ Board of Directors no less than three times a year. A Parent Advisory Council member’s term of office is two years.