Elves Special Needs Society
Elves Board of Directors
Elves’ organizational direction comes from both our Board of Directors and a number of committees oriented around specific areas of Elves’ operations.
Elves acknowledges that our Board of Directors is a policy-governed Board and that all Board members shall agree to the expectation of confidentiality upon joining the Board. Respect for confidentiality is the cornerstone of trust and confidence, as well as a legislated obligation.
The Board of Directors shall consist of 12 elected members with regard to the mix of President and/or Directors.
Composition of Board of Directors: The total number of Board Members who are parents/caregivers of clients in any Elves’ program shall be at least six:
- Three from the Adult Program
- Two from the School Program
- One from the Early Education Program
- The remaining six board members will be community members
- If there is an insufficient number of parent/caregiver candidates in Elves’ three programs, parent/caregiver nominations shall be canvassed from any of Elves’ three programs. If there is still an insufficient number of parent/caregiver nominations, community members may be considered.
The 2020/2021 Board of Directors was elected at Elves’ AGM on November 18, 2020.
|Position on Board||Name|
|Director||Barb Tymchak Olafson|
- Immediate past-President as an ex-officio member
- Advocacy Committee
- Bylaw/Policy Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Locations and Planning Committee
Parent Advisory Council
The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) provides ongoing advice to and consultation with the Board of Directors and the Executive Director in any matter respecting Elves’ Programs.
At least one elected Parent Advisory Council member shall be an elected Board Member and shall be a parent/caregiver from the School Program. The Parent Advisory Council shall meet with the Board of Directors no less than three times a year. A Parent Advisory Council member’s term of office is two years.