New! Summer Program Support Worker
Elves Special Needs Society is looking for highly motivated individuals for our Summer Respite Program operating Monday to Friday from July 3 to July 20, 2018 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. The program is designed to support children and youth with diverse needs in a fun, structured, recreational setting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work within a team setting, accepting and giving input from/to all members of the resource and room teams at all stages from planning to evaluation of children programming.
- Assist in room with organization, preparation, construction of materials, and activities that are developmentally appropriate.
- Follow daily plans to carry out programs and activities in room.
- Supervise children, ensuring safety considerations are met.
- Outside of joint planning and/or protected time, there is a primary responsibility for completion of routine events such as laundry and dishes.
- Supervise children at arrival/departure times as designated.
- Communicate/forward information relative to children to Summer Program Team Lead, and appropriate resource team members, if applicable.
- Proactively respond to challenging behaviours, and possibly apply approved restrictive interventions, as required.
- Recognize and respond to incident of concerns through support, reporting, and debriefing processes.
- Other duties as assigned by Summer Program Team Lead and/or Program Coordinators.
Applicants must have:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent is required. Mature status is recognized.
- Valid Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check (completed within the last 6 months).
- 1 year related experience with Children and Youth with Special Needs.
- Required training in first aid, and CPR.
- Mandt, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), or Positive Behavior Support Training.
- Knowledge and experience of restrictive procedures, pro-active behavioural supports, and supporting challenging behaviours.